ImageExporter.CreateBitmap Overload issue

SnTick
1/19/2022 9:15 AM

Hello Wout.

I am trying to export a model to PNG in a fixed size.
i Started using CreateAutoSizedBitmap where i passed to model and that worked fine, but i would like a PNG in a fixed size.
then i changed to this overload:
CreateBitmap(DxfModel model, DxfLayout layout, ICollection<DxfViewport> viewports, Matrix4D transform, GraphicsConfig graphicsConfig, Size size);

but no matter what i pass it, it says the parameters is wrong and wants me to use the overload:
CreateBitmap(GDIGraphics3D cadGraphics, SmoothingMode smoothingMode, Matrix4D transform, System.Drawing.Color backColor, int width, int height);

is this something you have experianced before.

Wout
1/19/2022 10:32 AM

Obviously I would have to see your code to answer that.

- Wout

SnTick
1/20/2022 9:18 AM

I have this code at the moment and it works but makes all image sizes different

C# Code:
public static Bitmap ExportPNG(DxfModel model, string Filename, string suffix, bool SaveFile, string OutputFolder)
        {
            string folder = Path.Combine(OutputFolder, "PNG"); //@"C:\Temp\DXFProcess\PNG";
            string newfilename = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(Filename) + "_" + suffix + ".png";
            string output = Path.Combine(folder, newfilename);
            if (Directory.Exists(folder) == false) Directory.CreateDirectory(folder);
            GraphicsConfig gc = new GraphicsConfig();
            gc.NoOfArcLineSegments = 100;
            gc.BackColor = new WW.Drawing.ArgbColor(0, 0, 0, 0);
            gc.ApplyLineType = true;
            gc.DisplayLineWeight = true;
            Bitmap bitmap = ImageExporter.CreateAutoSizedBitmap(model, new GDIGraphics3D(gc), SmoothingMode.AntiAlias, Matrix4D.Identity, new Size(200, 200));
            if (SaveFile)
            {
                using (Stream stream = File.Create(output))
                {
                    ImageExporter.EncodeImageToPng(bitmap, stream);
                }
            }
            return bitmap;

}

If i do the following it gives my a compiler error because it says that there is no overload on the method CreateBitmap with the passed parameters. i have a comment in this code with the moethod overload that should exist.

C# Code:
public static Bitmap ExportPNG(DxfModel model, string Filename, string suffix, bool SaveFile, string OutputFolder)
        {
            string folder = Path.Combine(OutputFolder, "PNG"); //@"C:\Temp\DXFProcess\PNG";
            string newfilename = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(Filename) + "_" + suffix + ".png";
            string output = Path.Combine(folder, newfilename);
            if (Directory.Exists(folder) == false) Directory.CreateDirectory(folder);
            GraphicsConfig gc = new GraphicsConfig();
            gc.NoOfArcLineSegments = 100;
            gc.BackColor = new WW.Drawing.ArgbColor(0, 0, 0, 0);
            gc.ApplyLineType = true;
            gc.DisplayLineWeight = true;
            //public static Bitmap CreateBitmap(DxfModel model, Matrix4D transform, GraphicsConfig graphicsConfig, SmoothingMode smoothingMode, int width, int height);
            Bitmap bitmap = ImageExporter.CreateBitmap(model, Matrix4D.Identity , new GDIGraphics3D(gc), SmoothingMode.AntiAlias,200, 200);
            if (SaveFile)
            {
                using (Stream stream = File.Create(output))
                {
                    ImageExporter.EncodeImageToPng(bitmap, stream);
                }
            }
            return bitmap;

}

Wout
1/20/2022 11:33 AM

Try:

C# Code:
            Bitmap bitmap = ImageExporter.CreateBitmap(model, Matrix4D.Identity, gc, SmoothingMode.AntiAlias, 200, 200);

- Wout

SnTick
1/20/2022 12:04 PM

That removes the compile error but now my images looks wrong.
Now it does not scale the model to fit inside the image.

i have attache two before and after images.

Wout
1/20/2022 2:47 PM

You still have to provide the right Matrix4D to scale it to fit into the bitmap rectangle, similar to the example in the Examples\DxfExportExampleCS directory using method DxfUtil.GetScaleTransform.

- Wout