Get Fonts and units from DXF

Termitt
5/22/2007 8:40 PM

Hello Wout,

I have problem getting correct font names from Dxf using CadLib (2.0.18.6).
I exported DXF from AutoCAD 2006 using DXF 2004 format with few TEXT entities typed with different fonts and sizes. The sizes are read OK, but in most cases I got ARIAL as font name instead of for example Tahoma or Comics Sans. I read the font name from ((DxfText)dxfEntity).Style.FontFamily. Please tell me where I have made mistake.

Second question is about units. When I get from Dxf (using Cadlib) some entity, for example DxfLine, what are the units for Start and End properties. I suppose that used units are milimeters, but Im not sure. I have searched Cadlib documentation and also the web, but I havent figured it out.

Thanks for help,

Termitt

Wout
5/22/2007 8:49 PM

Hi Termitt,

Can you attach one of your DXF files with the fonts? I'll check it out.

About the units: AutoCad's units are arbitrary, it can be either mm, or inches, or meters, whatever you decided, but it is not stored in the file.

Wout

Termitt
5/22/2007 11:32 PM

Hi Wout,

thanks for quick reply.

'About the units: AutoCad's units are arbitrary, it can be either mm, or inches, or meters, whatever you decided, but it is not stored in the file.'
-> so all coordinates I get in mm, i suppose.

I will attach DXF with fonts as soon as I get to office (most probably thursday).

Termitt

Termitt
5/24/2007 8:28 AM

Hello Wout,

I get Arial as Font Name for every Text in attached file excepts Times New Roman.
Could you please investigate it?

Thank you,

Termitt

P.S.: Attached file is originaly ZIP renamed to TXT

Wout
5/24/2007 2:15 PM

Hi Termitt,

The zip seems corrupted, can you e-mail me the zip file?

Thanks,

Wout

Wout
8/23/2007 1:21 PM

Hi Termitt,

The font wasn't located properly in some cases and it's fixed in CadLib release 2.0.18.10.

Thanks for the report!

Wout

Termitt
9/8/2007 9:59 PM

Hello Wout,

I am sorry for the delay, I have been busy last month.
Thank you for that repair, now the fonts are translated correctly.

Best regards,
Termitt